Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Captain America

Lance officially started his first day in basic training today. I saw him off Tuesday, and teary eyed, his mom and I watched him walk into the Army Office. Okay so he didn't walk as much as do his Little-Game-face-Lance-Swagger. And as much as I miss him right now, and as much as it took everything to smile for him, I am happy that he finally gets to go do what he's so excited about, and I couldn't be more proud of him.

And today starts the Red Phase or Phase 1 of his OSUT Basics (Infantry One Station Unit Training). Each phase is about 3 weeks long, and in the Red Phase he gets to learn some fun stuff like the Confidence Tower and Rappel, Hand to Hand Combat, and his introduction to the M16A4......who I think he's been itching to meet.

And hopefully he'll be able to start sending letters in this phase, because I'm not going to make it through 14 weeks by staring at the calendar.

<=What my Captain America will be doing :)

2 comments:

  1. Aww! Cait I'm sorry you have to be seperated from your "number 1 guy" (said in my Jack Nicholson/Joker voice) They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, I don't know who "they" are, but sometimes "they" are right. Best wishes for you and G.I.Joe. And please tell him, there are millions out here who are proud of him too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with ^^^^^ :). Both of you need to follow your own path to be truly happy with oneself. YOur roads will cross again and you will see it was for the best.

    Like RuPaul says "if you can't love yourself how are you going to love somebody else! Can I get an AMEN!!!"

    The days will pass quickly. You will see <3

    ReplyDelete